Children are like sponges – they watch and absorb knowledge, skills and values from everything and everyone around them. At the Y, we believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success.
That’s why our child care, after school and Child Watch programs are staffed with people who understand the cognitive, physical and social development of kids, the need children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things, and the caring and reinforcement parents and families need to help each other.
Please Note: Front desk transactions will be accepted up until 15 minutes prior to closing each day!
The YMCA After School Program serves the following elementary schools in Anderson School Districts 3, 4 & 5:
- Centerville – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Concord – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Flat Rock –Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Homeland Park
- La France
- McLees –Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Midway –Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Mt. Lebanon – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Nevitt Forest
- New Prospect – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- North Pointe – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Pendleton – Accepting names for 2021-2022 school year wait list
- Starr – NOT ACCEPTING REGISTRATION
- Whitehall – NOT ACCEPTING REGISTRATION
Call Jan Page at 864-716-6266 or Amika Thomas 864-716-6284 to get on a wait list!
Please note that we only serve children K5 and above in our program.
Registration for the 2022/23 School Year will begin Tuesday, July 5. Late registration will begin Monday, August 8, 2022 – Sunday, August 21 with a $10 late fee added to registration.
Please call the YMCA 716-6261 for a listing of after school sites.
The program operates from school dismissal until 6:00 pm Monday-Friday and is located at the school.
The Young Men’s Christian Association, Inc. After School Program participates with the Child and Adult Food Care Program, (CACFP). This Institution is an Equal Opportunity Provider.
Our daily activities include:
- Daily devotion
- Homework time
- Healthy snack
- Group activities
- Free play
- A wide range of other activities
Our child-to-staff ratio is 12:1. All of our staff is certified in CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention.
Price is a weekly rate of $60 per child with a one-time materials fee of $25. Discounted rates are available for active or retired Military ($48) and School District Employees ($42-ID required to receive discount). Scholarship assistance is available for those who qualify.
Need financial assistance for after-school or camp? Click here for information and Financial Assistance Program Application.
We offer full daycare on student holidays at the YMCA from 7:30 am-6:00 pm. Packed lunch is required each day. Fees: $20 per child per day. Register at Membership Services prior to each student holiday.
Child Watch is a FREE service for our members and is available for children ages 3 months to 5 years, during set hours. While in Child Watch, children can color, play outside, play with various age-appropriate toys, and interact with children in their age group as well as the Child Watch staff. Staff is certified in CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Training. Click here for hours.
Camp Venture will be held at the YMCA located at 201 East Reed Road. Children will enjoy a wide range of activities such as: Swimming, Arts and Crafts, STEM Projects, Camp Readers Program, and much more! Because the YMCA is a Christian Organization we believe it is important to teach our campers about the message of Christ so during Friendship Circle Time we will have a daily devotion. The themes of our camp will encompass the YMCA’s Core Values which are: Faith, Honesty, Caring, Respect and Responsibility. All staff are trained in CPR, First Aid, Child Abuse Prevention, and Blood Borne Pathogens. We will maintain a 12:1 child to staff ratio.
Camp Dates: Monday, June 6th through Friday, August 12th. We will be closed Monday, July 4th for Independence Day
Camp Venture hours: Monday through Friday 7:30am – 6:00pm. Breakfast and Lunch served daily.
Registration- Starts Monday, May 2nd – Space fills up fast!
Ages: Rising 1st graders through rising 6th graders
Cost: Weekly rate is $125 per child for YMCA Members, $135 per child per week for non-members. Financial Assistance available.
*One-time registration fee of $60 per child. Campers will receive a camp t-shirt.
Initial Camp Registration must be done at Membership Services.
April 11-15, 2022 from 7:30 am-6 pm
- Registration begins Monday, March 21, 2022 at Membership Services.
- Fee: $100/week or $25 daily drop-in.
- Drop off and pick up located at side porch.
- Bring a packed lunch each day.
- A weekly schedule of activities will be given on the first day of camp.
2022 Dates TBD
- Fee – $25 per child per day. Register at Membership Services
- Drop off and Pick Up: Side Porch of YMCA
- Bring packed lunch each day. No heat up food!
- Afternoon snack will be served
2022 Dates TBD
- Total cost of the camp is $135 per child for the entire camp or a daily drop-in rate of $25 per child.
- Hours of operation are 7:30 am-6:00 pm.
- Children need a packed lunch each day
- Children need to wear warm clothes for outdoor activities
- Camp is CLOSED on Thursday, December 22nd, Friday, December 23rd, Thursday, December 29th and Friday, December 30th.